Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tragedy leads to Showdown



The stepper on the right was the finest $3 purchase I ever made. For less than a box of Girl Scout Cookies, I scored a piece of exercise equipment that I used every time I couldn't stand one more minute of prerecorded fitness instruction.

Thank you, Stair Climber Plus, for four years of faithful service.

A few weeks ago, I was seriously stepping it up to my Information Society station on Pandora. After a fabulous 20 minute workout, a tragic (and highly ungraceful) misstep led to an irreparable crack and this beautiful piece of equipment was rendered useless. At least it wasn't right when I got started, right?

Nevertheless, Tony found me in a pile of tears, because the newer model was selling for $100 at Target. $100 just seems like a lot more than $3, somehow.

RIP, stepper. RIP, willpower. RIP, aerobic opportunity in this rainy land of Oregon.

But then Craigslist smiled upon me and presented me with the upgraded model of my darling stepper for a mere $12 if only I was willing to drive to Vancouver. Just across the river. Just across state lines. And besides, I needed to go to Vancouver anyway to pick up my three boxes of girl scout cookies that I had ordered from my niece. I called my sister-in-law. I actually made it happen. I drove the 40 minutes to sweet Tina's house and paid $12 for Girl Scout Cookies and then drove for 18 minutes more so that I could pay $12 for the means to burn them off.



It's on. Samoas vs. Air Climber.

^The gift that keeps on taking......calories!
Sigh of contentment.

Balance is restored.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

LOL you are so funny my friend and what a marvelous invention that is. I don't think I've ever seen one! How wonderful! So happy for you and your upgraded companion xoxo